Bi-vocational Minister of Music who is able to lead corporate worship, not just direct. To utilize the choir, singers/groups/worshipers, soloist and musicians or band in leading worship services. The idea is to lead those coming in, to Jesus' feet; however you can get us there. If that means Gregorian chants to cutting edge, creatively get us there. Is this you? Send resume to email@example.com on or before September 1, 2015.
Minister of Music
First Baptist Church of Trimmier
PRINCIPLE FUNCTION: The minister of music is responsible to the pastor for the development and promotion for the church music program.
REPORTS TO: Pastor and Personnel Committee
1. Direct the planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating of a comprehensive Music program including choirs, vocal and/or instrumental ensembles.
2. Cooperate with the church Nominating Committee to enlist and train leaders for the Church music ministry including graded choir workers, song leaders and accompanists for the church education organizations.
3. Lead in planning and promoting a graded choir program, direct and coordinated the work of lay choir directors; directing adult, youth and other choirs as needed.
4. Serve as a member of the Church Council; coordinated the music program with the organizational calendar and emphases of the church.
5. Assist the pastor in planning all worship services.
6. Give direction to a music ministry plan of visitation if applicable.
7. Arrange and provide music for weddings, funerals, special projects, ministries and other church-related activities upon request.
8. Plan, organize and promote choir tours, mission trips, camps, festivals, workshops, clinics and programs for the various choirs as appropriate.
9. Maintain music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments and other equipment.
10. Keep informed on music methods, materials, promotion and administration.
11. Prepare an annual music budget for approval; administrate the approved budget.
12. Cooperate with Associational and State leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.
13. Plan and coordinate leadership for the Video, Audio and computer needs for services.
1. The Minister of music is expected to commit approximately 15 – 20 hours per week to church ministry.
2. The bi-vocational music minister is permitted to be absent on Sundays or Wednesdays in order to accommodate personal needs; however, he/she must forfeit salary typically paid for any of these days.
3. Vacation days consist of 2 Sundays and 2 Wednesdays. These can be taken as individual days or part of a week of vacation.