Southern Baptist Convention

Timothy and Rebecca Braden

AFRICA

We are going to Africa today to pray for one of our missionary families. Timothy and Rebecca Braden have moved with their three children into an area where people practice folk Islam or else they believe in witchcraft and that spirits are everywhere. The people are fearful because they think the spirits want to hurt them. They often perform ceremonies they think will keep the spirits away. Every day Timothy and Rebecca hear guns fired or the beating of drums which are part of these ceremonies. At this point there are just two Christian believers in their area - just two! Our church's Cooperative Program giving is supporting the Braden family there in Africa. They are in a hard place where spiritual warfare is being waged in ways we cannot imagine. But they say God is being faithful to sustain them in this sin-darkened area where they serve. Can we pray for them now and ask God to keep them safe, to give them opportunities to share the good news and to bring many new believers into this area?

Download PDF
Download 4x3 PowerPoint
Download 16x9 PowerPoint

August Devotion

True or False: You Can't Take It With You

DR. ROBERT L. ROSS

"For we brought nothing into the world and we can take nothing out." Did you know you can extend your Christian stewardship beyond your lifetime and very likely give more after death than while you were living? Here is how it works. In a will or living trust document, one directs how the assets of his estate are to be distributed. In my case, estate assets will pass to my spouse. After her death, 90 percent of our assets will go to our children and the remaining 10 percent will go as a gift in trust to the Lord's work through the Baptist Foundation. As trustee, the Baptist Foundation will manage those assets so they increase in value. The foundation will then distribute the income generated to the causes I have designated. The administration of that gift is perpetual; it will keep on giving as the original amount is multiplied. I can remain faithful in my Christian stewardship even while I am in heaven serving and honoring my Lord. Contact the Southern Baptist Foundation or the Baptist Foundation of your state convention to learn of gifting arrangements through which you can also extend your Christian stewardship beyond your lifetime.

Download PDF
Download 4x3 PowerPoint
Download 16x9 PowerPoint