Holly Grove is a great place to call home. We minister to all ages through a personal touch that is too often missing in many churches today. Holly Grove has a great ministry to children, youth, and adults in a traditional Southern Baptist setting. Come visit to see the Holly Grove difference and stay with us and become part of the Holly Grove family.
Year Founded: 1885
Average Attendance: 120
8488 Poplar Corner Rd
Bells, TN 38006
Pastor: Dr. Fred V. Campbell
, (731) 772-2627
Content last updated: 9/17/2015
- 09:45 am - Bible Study for all ages from the newborn to the senior saint. Holly Grove offers both mixed gender or gender segregated Bible Study Groups for adults.
- 11:00 am - Come magnify the Lord with us as we worship through singing, praying, giving to the Lord, and receving a message from God's Word. All ages worship together. Our music is a blend of traditional hymns, Southern gospel songs, and recent praise songs. Come experience the difference at Holly Grove!
- 06:00 pm - Small groups discuss issues of interest as we practice disciple-making. Great fellowship and opportunities to grow in your spirit.
- 07:00 pm - Evening worship. What makes Sunday nights so special at Holly Grove? Not just a copy of the Sunday morning worship service. Sunday evenings are a more intimate time of worship with the family of God.
- 07:00 pm - Four times each year on the 5th Sunday, Holly Grove features a special evening music at 7:00 PM. Local and nationally known soloists and singing groups bless our hearts as we worship in these fifth Sunday Night Sings.
- 07:00 pm - Wednesday evening activities for everyone: Children's Choir, Youth Discipleship Bible Study, College and Career Bible Study, Adults Praying Together.
Youth and adults meet together on Sunday afternoons at 5:00 PM for fellowship and choir rehearsal. The adult choir usually sings in the morning worship service each Sunday and leads the church in worship with a Christmas musical on the second Sunday of December. The adult choir leads in worship through other occassional seasonal musicals as well.
Enthusiastic and loving workers share the gift of music and the love of Christ with children in grades 1-6. The choir meets on Wednesday evenings at 7:00 PM. Transportation is available, call the church office to request a ride on the church van.
Meets each Tuesday evening at 7:00 PM. Share the love of Christ with our church members or with others throughout our area. Write postcards or letters; make phone calls or visits. Contact absentees, shut-ins and the sick, or recent visitors to our worship services and some who have never darkened our doors. Work together with the Fellowship of the Committed to make a difference in someone's life.
Each year members of Holly Grove participate in home and international mission trips. Recent mission trips were to Nicaragua, the Oklahoma Cherokee Nation, and hard-hit areas of the US gulf coast.
The last Wednesday night of each month is missions night. A home-made pot-luck meal for everyone is served at 6:30 PM and Adult Missions Groups meet at 7:30 PM. All other groups: Childrens Choir, Youth Discipleship Bible Study, and College and Career Bible Study also meet at 7:30 PM on this nihgt only.
Senior Soup and Pot-Luck Lunch
At 10:30 AM on the 2nd and 3rd Tuesdays of each month, our senior saints meet for a time of fellowship and food.
Vacation Bible School
Each year, this week-long, fun-filled Bible and Missions explosion usually meets the 2nd week of June from 9:00 AM til Noon. Ages 3 through those who have just completed the 6th grade are led by our ministry staff and by excited and loving childrens workers to explore the Bible and take a fresh look at how God's love is shared around the world by Southern Baptists.
Each summer youth grades 7-12 attend a week long Bible and/or missions camp. Last year's camp at Linden, Tennessee was one of the most moving and memorable for many of our youth and their leaders. For more information contact the church office.
Youth Rescue (Grades 7-12)
"Rescued from an ordinary life" meets on the 4th Wednesday night of each month. Bands and dynamic speakers challenge youth to live out their lives for Christ.
From Jackson, Tennessee: Holly Grove is located approximately 25 miles from from Jackson, Tennessee. Take Hwy 412 toward Dyersburg. Take the Brownsville/Hunbolt Exit. Go through the city of Bells on Hwy 70/79. four miles outside Bells, turn left onto Dr. Hess Road. Holly Grove is six minutes drive from Bells and is located at the intersection of Dr. Hess and Poplar Corner Roads.
From Memphis: Holly Grove is approximately 45 minutes from Memphis, Tennessee. Take I-40 toward Nashville. Take Exit 60 and go over the overcross of the interstate highway. When you come to the Union Community, turn right at the mom & pop grocery store. Stay on this road for about seven minutes and you will arrive at the intersection of Poplar Corner and Dr. Hess Roads where Holly Grove is located.
DISCLAIMER: The ChurchSearch and MinisterSearch features of SBC.net are provided to facilitate location of, and communication between, Southern Baptist churches, ministers, and interested individuals. Accuracy of the information relies upon regular, voluntary input from the churches and cooperating ministries , either via the Annual Church Profile, or directly, using the Update feature. The ChurchSearch and MinisterSearch features should not be construed as official or exhaustive listings, nor should reference to any minister be considered proof of ordination or licensure, or an endorsement, recommendation, or indication of certification or qualification, all such matters being within the sole discretion of the autonomous local church body or cooperating ministry the minister is a member of, has served or is serving.