Nestled at the foot of Lookout Mountain just outside Chattanooga, Tennessee, Chattanooga Valley Baptist Church is one of Georgia's most dynamic churches touching the lives of thousands in the Chattanooga Valley area. The church is strategically located in the growing area of north Walker County where new subdivisions and new schools are currently being constructed. To find out more about the ministry of Chattanooga Valley Baptist Church please visit our church website at http://www.cvbchurch.org.
Year Founded: 1870
Average Attendance: 410
90 Nick A Jack Lane
Flintstone, GA 30725-2641
Senior Pastor: Rev. Brian Carroll
, (706) 820-1911
Student Minister: Rev. Spencer Kinkade, (706) 820-1911
Content last updated: 7/5/2018
- 09:45 am - Join us for excellent small group Bible Study every Sunday morning at Sunday School. We offer classes for people from birth through senior adult. You will find meaningful relationship with other members by participating in Sunday School.
- 10:45 am - Morning Worship Service. Join us for invigorating and meaningful worship of Christ. Our choir, orchestra, special musicians and singers and messages from our pastor will be a great start for the coming week.
- 10:45 am - Children's Church - 3 years old (potty-trained) through 3rd Grade. Meet upstairs of Education Building in the Children's Ministry Center.
- 06:00 pm - Evening Worship Service. Join us for a more relaxed worship atmosphere. You get the same worship experience as in the morning. Our children and youth ministries also offer excellent programs for the kids too. There's a place for every age on Sunday nights!
- 6:15 pm - Join us for prayer and devotional every Wednesday night with other adults. Our children programs and youth programs offer special opportunties for your children/grandchildren (Call the Church Office for specific information on our Children and Youth Programs).
- 6:15 pm - Youth Worship Service - Meets every week for music, fun and message. Grades 6 - 12. Meets upstairs of the Fellowship and Conference Center in the Youth Ministry Center. Live Band, fun games, practical messages. Join us!
- 6:15 pm - TeamKid - Meets in Children's Ministry Center.
This is a very special ministry of men in our church who are called by God and ordained by the church to this special ministry. Procedures for becoming a deacon and the role of a deacon is available through the Chairman of Deacons.
Our greeters are people who enjoy welcoming members and guests to Chattanooga Valley Baptist Church. Do you love God, like people, and know how to smile? If so, you have all needed to become a Greeter. See our Minister of Education, Tommy Vowell, for more information or call the church office.
Womens Missionary Union
WMU is a missions opportunity for the women of our church. WMU meets monthly for prayer and inspiration. WMU leads the church in annual and seasonal missions offerings and services.
Our youth ministry is an extension of our Sunday School ministry. The youth ministry builds upon Sunday School by offering services and events for youth in 6-12 grades. For specific information on the Youth Ministry, please call the church office or visit the youth ministry website at http://www.yomoma.net.
Follow South Broad Street to Lookout Mountain; Turn LEFT on Tennessee Avenue; Continue on Tennessee Avenue through the historic neighborhood of St. Elmo to the Georgia state line. Tennessee Avenue become Highway 196 at the state line; Follow Hwy 196 approximately 7 miles; After you cross the second of two railroad tracks, turn LEFT onto Nick-A-Jack Lane (2 roads past the 2nd set of tracks). Church is on LEFT at 90 Nick-A-Jack Lane.
From Ft. Oglethorpe:
Follow Highway 2 through Ft. Oglethorpe past Ridgeland High School to the intersection of Hwy 2 and Hwy 196. Turn LEFT onto Hwy 196; Travel approximately 4 miles to a set of railroad tracks; 2nd road past tracks is Nick-A-Jack Lane. The church is located on the LEFT at 90 Nick-A-Jack Lane.
Follow Georgia Highway 341 towards Flintstone; Turn LEFT off Hwy 341 onto Old Chattanooga Valley Road. Church is one block on Right at 90 Nick-A-Jack Lane.
DISCLAIMER: The ChurchSearch and MinisterSearch features of SBC.net are provided to facilitate location of, and communication between, Southern Baptist churches, ministers, and interested individuals. Accuracy of the information relies upon regular, voluntary input from the churches and cooperating ministries , either via the Annual Church Profile, or directly, using the Update feature. The ChurchSearch and MinisterSearch features should not be construed as official or exhaustive listings, nor should reference to any minister be considered proof of ordination or licensure, or an endorsement, recommendation, or indication of certification or qualification, all such matters being within the sole discretion of the autonomous local church body or cooperating ministry the minister is a member of, has served or is serving.